Veteran Columnist Philip Ochieng Doesnt Believe in God

on Sunday 1 December 2013 with 0 comments

Nairobi vibes Stories

Nairobi,kenya
Veteran columnist Philip Ochieng popular
for his literery work and also column on
the Nation newspaper revealed that  that he
does not believe in God for So called God does not exist.in an interview
with another Nation journalist. Ochieng reveal
how he drifted from his Christian
upbringing to atheism and satan.
In the interview he also discloses that he
did not finish his Literature degree and
that he has a daughter who discovered
him only 3 years ago.

Read the interview below.

Q: Since you learnt to read and write,
has the sun ever risen and set without
you reading?
A: Many days. When playing, gardening or
cooking. What I read must be ingested in
the head and then transferred to the
computer because I read so as to share
with fellow human beings.
Q: What body of literature do you find
most awakening?
A: I am interested in knowledge on how
human societies live and work. This
includes history, sociology, anthropology
and religion. I read a great deal on
comparative religion despite my atheistic
leaning.
Q: You were brought up by a Seventh
Day Adventist. At what point did you
reject God?
A: I can’t point to any particular time
because it must have been a very long
process. But I can say it could have
something to do with that very strict SDA
upbringing where you had to go to church
twice a day seven days a week. My
grounding with Karl Marx and Vladimir
Lenin also has something to do with
my atheism.
Q: You have been writing four books
simultaneously for the past 10 years.
What are they about and how do you
manage to do it?
A: They are actually five. One is the
Histories and the Controversies of the
Media in Kenya, which I am taking to the
publisher this week. The other is How
Europe Destroyed the Human Essence of
Our Species. Another is History of
Religion, where I am showing that
Christology (the notion that God sent a
messenger (his son) to save mankind) was
invented in Africa. There is an intellectual
problem. The whole notionu

Category:

POST COMMENT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment